Ir al contenido principal

Spirit of Sweet Water

A long time ago... well not so much... when I was a little gilr,  I lived in the country, in south of Chile.  My house was on the top a hill.


 At the bottom is a small lake called Sweet Water. My mom and my dad told me about a spirit that lived in the Sweet Water, the people said that the sprirt was a woman. The  Mapuche culture  always protecs the natural spaces because in these places spirits sometimes live, the Sweet Water was one.  A long time ago  the people went to that place to wash clothes and for their animals to drink water, but my great grandfather did not like people to do that, so he decided to dry the Sweet Water, he made a large ditch so that the water would come out, the Sweet Water he made smaller but it did not dry. 
The spirit of Sweet Water was angry and he left, and to my great grandfather only bad things happened to him like one of his daughters died, another one went ceazy, and another went to live very far away in Santiago city she was a my grandmother and he burned a house full things to work the land and the crops of that year. Today I can still see part of the ditch that my great grandfather made. 
I repect that place very much and I hope that the spirit returned to Sweet Water some day.

I not have a picture of Sweet Water but is a beautiful place. 






Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

I would like to visit South Korea

South Korea is a country located in Asia, is small but have more population. I would like to visit South Korea because I like K-pop, I would like go to concert of my favourite group, the concert in South Korea is amazing, the stage, the show, the production is more big than other country. My second reason is for industry of entretainiment and audiovisual, this industry it's new in compared to industries like United States, this industry started thirty years ago approximately and today it  has fanaitics all over the world. I study cinema and television, it's why I would like to travel to this country, to know and learn for this industry. But I would not like live in South Korea because is a culture very different from to Chilean. The Korean culture have labor explotation, bullying, competitiveness and lot social and work strees, the social hierarchy is extreme, for example in the work you can't go home before your boss  even if it's time leave or your boos is playing, is

South Korea: Country I would like to visit

I would visit for three reasons 1- Food: This food is really delicious and healthy, the only problem is spicy food, because in this country almost all gastronomy contains spicy species . Korean food is very healthy because it contains little sugar and almost everything is cooked steamed, so it's low-fat.  2-Cultural industry: South Korea is popular all over the world  because of its TV series (doramas) and music bands (k-pop). For me this industry is interesting  because it's completely different to the American cultural industry, as for the production as well as marketing approach. I  would like to study in this country because it would be a great learning experience for me and my profession. And I would like to go the concert of my favorite group, too *-* 3-Landscape: South Korea's architecture is very varied and its natural landscape is very pretty. The culture is completely different to Western Culture, and it's very interesting for me to know other civil